2016-2017 V-League Season, Men's Foreign Players List
|INCHEON KOREAN AIR JUMBOS||Mitja Gasparini||Slovenia||202cm|
|GUMI KB STARS INSURANCE GREATERS||Artur Udrys||Belarus||210cm|
|SUWON KEPCO VIXTORM||Arpad Baroti||Hungary||204.5cm|
|DEAJEON SAMSUNG FIRE&MARINE INSURANCE BLUEFANGS||Thijs Ter Horst||Netherlands||205.5cm|
|SEOUL WOORICARD HANSAE||Krisztian Padar||Hungary||196.5cm|
|CHEONAN HYUNDAI CAPITAL SERVICES SKYWALKERS||Toon van Lankevelt||Canada||200cm|
|ANSAN OK SAVINGBANK RUSH&CASH||Ronaldo Cepeda Abreu||Cuba||198.3cm|
2016 Korea V-League Try-Out
|Date & Schedule||May 11 ~ 13th, 2016 (3days)||Date||5.9 (Mon)||5.10 (Tue)||5.11 (Wed)~
|Schedule||Arrival||Rest||Practice match / Draft (13th)||Departure|
|Place||Songlim Gymnasium, Incheon, Korea|
|Eligibility of Participants||No limitation in nationality, age, and position|
|Invited Participants||24 players||
1. For a practice match, each team will be composed of four foreign players (participants).
A setter and a libero will be Korean players. (Foreign player 4, Korean player 2).
2. Therefore, invited players are 24 total.
|Basic Salary||US $300,000(net)||All drafted players (7 total) : US $300,000|
|Contract Period||One season||August ~ March (Contract can be extended by April depending on postseason schedule, and attendance to federation’s events (e.g. V-League awards) is mandatory.)|
|No. of Players||One player per team|
|The bonus policy is applied to 7 teams equally|
|Regular Season Champion
|Only the highest bonus will be given to a player depending on team’s final record. Therefore, the maximum amount of bonus (except Game winning bonus) a player can get is US $30,000. (Semifinal is not applicable.)|
|Game winning bonus: Regardless of playing time, official participation(playing for one set) is considered as one match.|
|Joining Date||August 1st, 2016||
1. Joining before August 1st is not allowed.
2. Players can join after August 1st with team’s approval.
If a player do not join on agreed date, a team can impose a penalty to a player.
|Player’s Penalty||100% of Salary||Emphasize the binding force and the player’s responsibility through the strict penalty policy.|
1. Participants pre-checking is possible. However, teams must notify the federation and the
other teams if the trip for player check is decided.
2. Checking players' skills is allowed, but accessing to players and agents is prohibited.
(actions such as greeting/exchanging name cards are prohibited.)
3. Penalty from accessing to players: The team cannot have a foreign player for the year.
Replacement Player Pool
1. If replacement player is needed, team can make a contract with a player among 24 invited
participants as well as first selected participants (about 50 players).
2. However, a player who does not accept the invitation or not participate will be excluded
on the replacement players list.
|Team pay replacement player's salary as much as the remaining term of the V-League.|
|Agent Fee||15% + Bonus||
1. Increase in agent fee from 10% to 15% motivates agents to secure excellent players.
2. In addition, there will be an extra bonus for an agent who secures players the most among
1. Fee(15%) : Drafted player’s team pays
2. Bonus(Max. 5%) : KOVO pays
: Two agents who secure players the most among the final participants (24) will receive.
(1st: 3%, 2nd: 2%) Rank will be determined among agents who secures more than
|February 15, 2016 (Mon) ~ March 25 (Fri)||Application due||Player’s profile,
documents & video
|February 15, 2016 (Mon) ~ April 4 (Mon)||Applicants selection period|
|April 4, 2016 (Mon)||Player selections to invite
and notice to agents
|Confirmation of invited players|
|May 9 , 2016 (Mon)||Arrival||Participants care|
|May 11, 2016 (Wed) ~ 13 (Fri)||Practice match|
|May 13 2016 (Fri)(Scheduled at PM3:00)||Draft||3:00pm|
* Schedule can be changed.
Provided by KOVO for participants during the Try-out period
① Airfare (Cash refund, Round trip economy class ticket only, amount must not exceed more than 3,000,000won)
② Hotel and food
③ Transportation (Hotel → Gym, Gym → Hotel)
* Shuttle from airport to hotel will not be provided.
List of documents applicants must submit (Forms are available to download at the bottom of this page except a profile)
① PROFILE(There's no KOVO form of profile. Agents must submit with their own forms of profiles)
② TRYOUT REGISTRATION FORM
③ LIABILITY RELEASE AGREEMENT
④ DISCLOSURE STATEMENT
⑤ PHYSICAL EVALUATION
⑥ LETTER OF AGREEMENT
⑦ Videos of player's games (Two games and must be a full game, not 2~3 mins highlights)
- Please let us know whether the type of video is URL or file. (If a file size is too big to send through an email, contact to KOVO.)
* Submit player profile, documents and videos to (email@example.com)
① Contract: Based on the agent rules of FIVB 2015, agents(Koreans/International) must have the official FIVB license to perform transfer related works
(All Korean agents must be registered by KVA after obtaining FIVB license)
② Agents and his or her players will be suspended from try-out participation for more than a year for following cases;
- Violating FIVB agent regulations
- Violating KVA agent regulations
* In addition, agents could be sanctioned by the authority of the KOVO commisioner for cases which he decides to be sanctioned.
KOVO Contact Information
|Mr. Kyongmin Chang (Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org, 82-2-6393-5408)|